Saturday 10 May 2014

A Perfect Ham?

Thank you so much for all of the lovely thoughts and comments on my last post. They were quite overwhelming.
You are all wonderful.

Things have been ticking by slowly over here - lot's of other 'stuff' going on that seems to get in the way of the normal running of things. At times like these my oasis is in a bit of making. Well aware that I have a craft fair coming up next weekend I thought it was about time I dressed the bunnies.


 I happily sat at my old desk and cut, pinned and stitched. Soon enough two little dresses appeared and - to my amazement  - actually fitted.


 But there was a nagging problem. How on earth do you press a seam on a garment that small?


 I stared at it and pondered. I pondered some more. My eyes drifted towards Mr 'Bunny Gone Wrong'.


 An early practice bunny that nobody would want but I haven't had the heart to throw away. Then my mind cogs started whirring in that very disconcerting manner that means I have a)become a genius or b)finally cracked. 

Mr BGW stared back.


Something happened. 
A light bulb moment.

Then this.


A perfect 'ham'!
It's just what Mr BGW 's been waiting for!

The dresses still aren't quite finished - now it's time for the hand stitching and pretty bits but they're well on the way. Yes bunnies - you SHALL go to the ball!


(And the moral of this story is never throw an old misshapen bunny in the bin if you are going to need to press tiny dresses!)

Jane
xxx

P.S. Just a reminder that if you still want to join our happy little band at Shugborough on the 30th get in touch and I'll send you the details!


23 comments :

  1. looking forward to seeing the bunnies all dressed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw bless him! He looks soooo pleased he has a purpose now! Thankyou Jane that cheered me up and made me laugh x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think he looks ever so cheerful now that he has a definite purpose in life! Clever you - and they all look absolutely wonderful, I can't wait to see the gals all dolled up for the fair! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rabbits they must be fun to make and I have made some mice similar to those too, In fact I should finish a few cut out. Forgot about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane, I am a new follower and just love your bunnies. They will look gorgeous all frocked up and ready for a day out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. BGW to the rescue, perhaps thanking you in his own way for giving him a place in bunny history. And keeping him out of any premature discard area.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my stars, this is funny! I love the way the mice are looking up at Mr. Bunny! I never throw out the gone wrong toys. They are often cuter than the other ones! Hope you have a good day at your fair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, good luck at your fair.
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so funny, what a useful little bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. see, he came in very useful so glad you didn't throw him away!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha Mr BGW saves the day! The mice look very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely post....lovely bunnies...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How funny. This was a great idea. The bunny dresses are very sweet, they will look lovely on your bunny girls.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Genius! Both bunnies and mice are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He's perfect!! The Bunny Ham ... love it ;) I see the little mice are now in awe of their little friend. How nice that the new rabbits' dresses will be neatly pressed in time for the fair/ball! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay, Mr Bunny to the rescue! I love how the little mice are looking on to see what is happening to their bunny pal! Hope that the craft fair goes well for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope the iron wasn't too hot when you used the bunny's ears as hams! :oD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't you dare throw out Mr. Bunny Gone Wrong, he is the cutest little guy ever.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your BGW looks delighted to be able to help out ... he is positively beaming ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I find absolutely nothing wrong with BGW, he has a big beautiful heart and perfection is quite dull. He does have competition with those adorable mice though.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish I could sew. I cannot. Sewing machines are not my friend. I love the skirt you made! I think the fabric is daring and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Lovely Jane, sorry I have been away for a short while. Just catching up with your wonderful blog. How I love this post Jane as Mr BGW is just perfect, the fact that he has some imperfection makes him so special and lovely, just like you Jane. I am so sorry but I cannot make the 30th, was fully intending to go but a last minute event has come up which I have to attend, so sorry as I would rather be with you all. I always love popping over to see you Jane, you always have something interesting to say. Have a wonderful week. Big hugs
    Dorothyxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments - they are appreciated sooooo much. Thanks for making my day xxx